Turkey and Mixed VegetablesMakes about 5 (16 oz) pints
When you combine diced turkey and mixed vegetables, you'll be able to enjoy a homemade meal in a flash, right from your freezer.
Level of Ease:Easy
You Will Need:
- 1/2 cup onions
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked turkey, diced
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables (about 2 1-lb bags)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 5 Plastic Ball® (16 oz) Freezer Jars
- SAUTE onions in butter in a large saucepan until tender. Stir in flour. Cook 1 minute. Gradually add chicken broth, stirring to prevent lumps. Cook until thickened.
- ADD remaining ingredients. Heat thoroughly. Remove from heat.
- COOL to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- LADLE turkey mixture into clean jars to fill line. Remove air bubbles. Twist on lids. Label.
- FREEZE up to 1 year.
Share Your Photos
Do you have a photo of Turkey and Mixed Vegetables you made?
Share with others!
Add + Photo