Pickled OkraMakes about 3 quarts
by Hugh Acheson
Level of Ease:Easy
You Will Need:
- 3 pounds okra
- 3 medium hot chilies (small ones, like cherry peppers), seeded and sliced thinly
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 sprigs fresh dill
- 1 quart cider vinegar
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- BRING the vinegar, 1 ½ cups water, salt, and mustard seed to a boil in a small pot. Turn off heat. In 3 clean, pre-warmed Ball® quart jars, divide the okra, chilies, garlic, and dill.
- PACK tightly leaving ¼ inch headspace. Pour the hot brine into the jars making sure to leave ¼ inch headspace. Cap with a clean Ball® lid and tighten canning band to fingertip tight.
- PROCESS jars in a boiling waterbath canner for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove canner lid. Wait 5 minutes, then remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.
Share Your Photos
Do you have a photo of Pickled Okra you made?
Share with others!
Add + Photo