Orange-Raisin Ginger Cookie Mix in a JarMakes about 1 (32 oz) quart
Level of Ease:Easy
You Will Need:
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup minced candied orange peel
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1 (32 oz) quart glass preserving jar with lid and band
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt. Place mixture into a quart jar, firmly packing.
- COMBINE candied orange peel and raisins. Layer over flour mixture, gently pressing to make an even layer. Place light brown sugar in jar, packing firmly.
- STIR together granulated sugar, ginger, cinnamon, allspice and cloves until evenly blended. Layer into jar, firmly packing. Adjust cap.
- CREATE recipe card for preparing Orange-Raisin Ginger Cookies (see recipe below). Tie recipe card around the neck of the jar with ribbon or raffia. Makes base for one recipe of Orange-Raisin Ginger Cookies.
Makes 2-1/2 dozen cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup mild flavored molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Remove mix from jar, keeping layers separate. Beat butter, granulated sugar mixture and light brown sugar until light and fluffy, using an electric mixer. Beat in egg and molasses.
- ADD remaining dry ingredients, mixing just until evenly combined. Form dough into a ball and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate dough until firm, about 2 hours.
- REMOVE dough from refrigerator. Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. Roll each cookie ball in granulated sugar to dust, optional. Place cookie dough on parchment lined baking sheet 2-inches apart.
- Bake at 350º F for 10 to 12 minutes.
Share Your Photos
Do you have a photo of Orange-Raisin Ginger Cookie Mix in a Jar you made?
Share with others!
Add + Photo