Fresh Salsa RecipeMakes about 8 (8 oz) half pints
Tomatoes, peppers, onions, cilantro. When you taste this salsa, you'll want to have making it be your tradition.
Level of Ease:Medium
Preserving Method:Waterbath Preserving
You Will Need:
- 7 cups diced seeded peeled cored tomatoes (about 5 lb or 15 medium)
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 Tbsp minced cilantro
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 (16 oz) pint or 8 (8 oz) half pint glass preserving jars with lids and bands
- PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
- COMBINE all ingredients in a large saucepan.
- HEAT to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- LADLE hot salsa in to hot jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim. Center hot lid on jar. Apply band and adjust until fit is fingertip tight.
- PROCESS filled jars in a boiling water canner for 15 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.
Share Your Photos
Do you have a photo of Fresh Salsa Recipe you made?
Share with others!
Add + Photo