Fiesta Salsa RecipeMakes about 2 (16 oz) pints
When you only want to make a couple of jars of salsa, combine 2 pounds of tomatoes with 1/4 cup Ball® Fiesta Salsa Mix. Enjoy right away, or preserve with waterbath canning.
Level of Ease:Easy
Preserving Method:Waterbath Preserving
You Will Need:
- 2 lbs fresh tomatoes (about 6 medium) to yield 4 1/2 cups finely diced
- 3 Tbsp white vinegar (5% acidity)
- 1/4 cup Ball® Fiesta Salsa Mix
- 2 Ball® Pint (16 oz) Fresh Preserving Jars with lids and bands
- PREPARE canner, jars, and lids according to manufacturer's instructions.
- COMBINE tomatoes, vinegar, and contents of pouch in a large saucepan.
- HEAT to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- LADLE hot salsa into jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars. Apply bands and adjust to fingertip tight.
- PROCESS in boiling water canner for 35 minutes, adjusting for altitude
- QUICK TIP: Make your salsa medium or hot by adding hot pepper sauce or hot pepper flakes to taste!
Share Your Photos
Do you have a photo of Fiesta Salsa Recipe you made?
Share with others!
Add + Photo