Cinnamon Pears in Apple JuiceMakes about 1 to 1 1/2 pears per pint
Naturally sweet pears spiced with cinnamon sticks. Delicious desserts don't get much easier than this!
Level of Ease:Medium
Preserving Method:Waterbath Preserving
You Will Need:
- 1 to 1-1/2 lb pears (3 to 5 medium) per pint
- Cinnamon sticks
- Unsweetened apple juice
- Glass preserving jars with lids and bands
- PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
- WASH pears. Drain. Peel, core and cut into halves. Treat to prevent browning.
- COOK pears in water one layer at a time until hot throughout. Heat apple juice to a boil.
- PACK hot pears, cavity side down, into hot jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Place 1 cinnamon stick in each jar.
- LADLE hot juice over pears leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim. Center hot lid on jar. Apply band and adjust until fit is fingertip tight.
- PROCESS filled jars in a boiling water canner for 20 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check for seal after 24 hours. Lids should not flex up and down when center is pressed.
Share Your Photos
Do you have a photo of Cinnamon Pears in Apple Juice you made?
Share with others!
Add + Photo