Chicken - Boned (use for all poultry)
Level of Ease:Advanced
Preserving Method:Pressure Preserving
You Will Need:
- Salt, optional
- Glass preserving jars with lids and bands
- PREPARE pressure canner. Heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
- STEAM or boil chicken until about 2/3 done. Remove skim and bones.
- PACK hot chicken into hot jars leaving 1 inch headspace. Add 1 teaspoon salt to each quart jar, 1/2 teaspoon to each pint jar, if desired.
- LADLE hot cooking liquid, water or chicken broth over chicken leaving 1 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim. Center hot lid on jar. Apply band and adjust until fit is fingertip tight.
- PROCESS filled jars in a pressure canner at 10 pounds pressure 1 hour and 15 minutes for pints and 1 hour and 30 minutes for quarts, adjusting for altitude.
Share Your Photos
Do you have a photo of Chicken - Boned (use for all poultry) you made?
Share with others!
Add + Photo