CarrotsMakes about 1 pint per each 1 1/2 pounds of carrots
Extend the pleasure of your garden's bounty when you have ready-to-use carrots from your pantry.
Level of Ease:Advanced
Preserving Method:Pressure Preserving
You Will Need:
- 1 to 1-1/2 lb (about 6 to 9 medium with 1- to 1 1/2-inch diameter) carrots per pint jar
- Salt, optional
- Pint glass preserving jars with lids and bands
- PREPARE pressure canner. Heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
- WASH peel carrots. Wash again. Cut carrots into slices or leave whole.
- PACK carrots tightly into hot jars leaving 1 inch headspace. Add 1 tsp salt to each quart jar, 1/2 tsp to each pint jar, if desired.
- LADLE boiling water over carrots leaving 1 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim. Center hot lid on jar. Apply band and adjust until fit is fingertip tight.
- PROCESS filled jars in a pressure canner at 10 pounds pressure 25 minutes for pints, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.
Share Your Photos
Do you have a photo of Carrots you made?
Share with others!
Add + Photo