Blueberry Citrus ConserveMakes about 4 (8 oz) half pints
Citrus fruits enhance the rich, earthy flavor of blueberries in this luscious royal blue conserve. Serve it with bread or as a condiment with ham or smoked meats.
Level of Ease:Easy
Preserving Method:Waterbath Preserving
You Will Need:
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 small lemon (unpeeled), seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup orange (unpeeled), seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 cups blueberries
- 4 (8 oz) half pint glass preserving jars with lids and bands
- PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
- COMBINE sugar and water in a large, deep stainless steel saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add lemon and orange slices and raisins. Reduce heat and boil gently for 5 minutes. Add blueberries, increase heat to high and return to boil. Boil hard, stirring constantly, for 5 to 10 minutes, until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and test gel. If gel stage has been reached, skim off foam.
- LADLE hot conserve into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band and adjust until fit is fingertip tight.
- PROCESS filled jars in a boiling water canner for 15 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.
Share Your Photos
Do you have a photo of Blueberry Citrus Conserve you made?
Share with others!
Add + Photo