Basil butter, hidden in the center of these burgers, slowly melts during grilling- keeping the meat moist and luscious. Add crumbled goat cheese during the last minute of cooking for a Mediterranean touch, or go all-American and top with your favorite cheese, ketchup, and mustard. Makes 4 hamburgers.
Level of Ease:Easy
You Will Need:
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef (85% lean)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (2-tablespoon) frozen basil butter herb cubes
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Toppings: Butter, lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese, condiments
- HEAT grill.
- COMBINE the ground beef, garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl until blended. Divide into four mounds.
- INSERT 1 basil butter herb cube into each mound, covering completely. Gently pat into 4 (4-inch) patties, mounding in the center, keeping the herb cube covered.
- GRILL, covered, over medium heat or coals 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in center, turning once. Meanwhile, grill hamburger buns, covered, over medium heat coals for 1 minute or until lightly toasted.
- SERVE burgers in buns with your choice of toppings.
Share Your Photos
Do you have a photo of Basil-Butter Burgers you made?
Share with others!
Add + Photo