Apricot JamMakes about 9 (4oz) jars
Use this recipe for an easy way to enjoy the flavour of fresh apricots throughout the year.
Level of Ease:Easy
Preserving Method:Waterbath Preserving
You Will Need:
- 2 L chopped, pitted, peeled apricots
- 60 mL lemon juice
- 1.5 L granulated sugar
- Prepare preserving pot. Wash jars, lids and bands in hot, soapy water. Heat jars in simmering water. Set lids and bands aside.
- In a large, deep stainless steel saucepan, combine apricots, lemon juice and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar. Boil, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and test gel. If gel stage has been reached, skim off foam.
- Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch (0.5cm) headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot jam. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Screw band down until resistance is met, then increase to fingertip-tight.
- Place jars in preserving pot, ensuring they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil and process for 10 minutes. Remove lid. Wait 5 minutes, then remove jars, cool and store.
Share Your Photos
Do you have a photo of Apricot Jam you made?
Share with others!
Add + Photo